Real Estate in Bethany Portland: 2010 Results
The hub of Northwest Portland, Bethany home sales for 2010 were a nice round 7% increase over 2009!
- Each price point had healthy activity–obviously lots of attention from first time home buyers with the tax credit & strong numbers equal to or better than LY in almost every category.
- Tightening up the brackets to include just those homes sold under $500k resulted in a 20% increase over 2009: 116 LY vs. 140 TY. This is huge!
- While the over $500k crowd had a bit of a harder time at -25% over 2009 (-12 sales) it is very heartening to see the larger price-points starting to move.B Movements in the jumbo loans last year is helping and I’m betting we’ll see a continued turn in the higher end in 2011.B Slowly, but surely.
- Using the market analyzer below, listings stayed steady through the year, and solds peaked in June as the first time home buyer tax credit deadline loomed.
- With the exception of the ‘dip’ in February, closing sold prices wavered between -4 to-6% of the most recent list price.
Check out the rest of Northwest PortlandB Sold Homes Stats for 2010!
Here’s to a great new year in 2011!