Buyers! Just a friendly little reminder of a few things you’ll want to check into when scouting out your next home!B It’s a lot of detail and critical information to have so you can make wise decisions! Here is a general overview to get you started. Of course, I send a detailed list with live links and data to my buyers once we start the home hunt!
- Do you know where to check on school ranking?
- Do you know how to check the state sex offender registry?
- Where do you go to look at permits take out on a home you are interested in?
- How would you tell if there had been a fire in this residence?
- How would you find out if it’s in a flood plain?
- Do you know if it’s in the earthquake zone?
- How about recent crime stats for robbery, break ins, assault?
- What about traffic patterns and how busy a road is?
- Is their an oil tank on the property even though the listing says the heat fuel is gas?
- How would you know if there is a radon issue in the basement?
- When was the last time the sewer line was replaced?
Buying a home requires due diligence and it’s the important information that helps you make wise decisions!B If you are ready to start your Portland Metro area home hunt, give me a call and we’ll get you started!