Real Estate in Cedar Mill: 2010 Results
Cedar Mill in Northwest Portland enjoyed a nice round 12% increase in sold homes in 2010 vs. 2009. One of the things that is great about Cedar Mill is the wideB variety and price points of homes that can be found in this neighborhood. You canB see the lower and higher end movement below:B
- Wow, the under $250k range (condos & attached homes) just killed it with the firs time home buyer tax credit…nice 35% increase!
- Interesting that Cedar Mill totally lost the next bracket of priced homes between $250-$350 however.
- Sold homes held pretty even from $350k-$500k but then exploded with a 71% increase in hom sales between $500k+…..28 solds in 2009, 48 solds in 2010. Who said it was a bad year?
- The Market Analyzer for Cedar Mill below shows the seasonality of active listings peak in the summer as well as the highest # of closed sales in May as the tax credit was wrapping up.
- Median prices were pretty consistent throughout the year….the fact that they tanked at the end of year is probably directly related to bank owned properties getting snapped up with the HomePath incentives for year end closings. It just kills the averages.
Check out the rest of Northwest Portland Sold Home Stats for 2010
Here’s to a great 2011!