Rolling pastures, quaint towns, world class wines and cheeses: sometimes the Willamette Valley can look a lot like France. To take your very own distinctly Oregon voyage, check out these fantastic Continental-inspired food and drink destinations.
- Nestled in pastoral Carlton, the Carlton Bakery features artisanally made pastries and delicious breads. Start your day with a fresh, buttery croissant or pick up a baguette to take out on a picnic lunch. Price Varies. 305 W Main St, Carlton, OR 97111
- In the gorgeous country outside the town of Newberg, the Bergstrom Winery is a must-visit. Look out over the gently rolling hills of this family-run vineyard, whose premium vines produce some of Oregon’s finest Pinot Noirs. Tastings are only $20, featuring a view that’s priceless. 18215 NE Calkins Ln, Newberg, OR 97132
- Hungry? Let Red Hills Market introduce you to the exceptional quality and diversity of the Willamette Valley’s bounty. Sample local cheeses and charcuterie, or kick back on the patio with a wood-fired pizza. Entrees $9-15. 155 SW 7th St, Dundee, OR, 97115
- Evening Land Vineyards of Dundee claims the best-rated wine ever produced in Oregon (98 Points by Wine Spectator). Try it at their tasting room in town, or venture out to the Vineyard itself to take a tour and see how world-class wines are created. Tasting Room, $20. 1326 N Hwy 99W Ste. 100, Dundee, OR 97115
- April is a banner month for mushroom lovers–and Joel Palmer House has a menu to match your morel craving. This family-owned business resides within a historical home in Dayton- the perfect place to feast after tasting all the Willamette Valley has to offer. Three courses, Prix Fixe, $59. 600 Ferry St, Dayton, OR 97114