I’ll Give You 3 Guesses What this Real Estate Chart Really Means…..
Ratio of listings coming on the market?
Number of short sales getting listed in the new year?
How many people are leaving the Portland Metro housing market?
Nope. Nope. Nope.
Ready? Okay. Sit Down. Close your eyes.
Okay, you can open them now.
ANSWER: It’s the Google Trend for the search words ‘Buy a House’.
Wow. Wow. Wow.
Every year, people spend their holiday vacations resting, getting some down time, dreaming of what the next year will hold…and if they are ready, making some determined decisions such as ‘This is the year we are going to buy our home’! Many others are pondering the same but thinking ‘This is the year we are going to sell our home buy one with more space’!
Here’s the same trend reflecting the past 7 days…January 1st 2017 to today January 7th, 2017.
If you are one of the millions who have decided ‘I’m buying a house in 2017’ or ‘We’re going to buyer our first house this year’ or ‘That’s it! This is the year we are going to downsize!’ or ‘I can’t take it anymore, we need more space! We must sell this house this year and buy one better suited for our needs’!… Can you relate?
Okay so why is this graph so important?
If you are a buyer:
- It’s a national trend: January is when buyers start taking steps to pursue what’s on their list for the year. They might not buy until June, but they are getting ready in January!
- Are you one of the many buyers who is starting to get your ducks in a row for purchasing a home in 2017?
- With so many buyers in the same position, you’ll want to make sure you are evaluating your first two next steps: Getting pre-approved with the right lender and finding and meeting the right real estate expert–your Realtor. We know how to navigate you through the process from start to finish and help ensure you are ready for fierce market conditions: multiple offers and limited housing inventory.
- What is your next step to buying your home in 2017?
If you are a seller:
- If you are thinking about selling your home this year, SOONER rather than later in the year is the time to do it. The buyers are looking now, gathering info now, starting to get pre-approved now. Do not wait until August. Yes houses sell all year around but for the seller who is ready to get in gear, you can hit the maximum amount of buyers by listing in January, February and March instead of waiting until May.
- If you are one of the many sellers who has been waiting for the right time to list and sell your home, this could be your year. What are you next steps?
- I’ve got you covered! Here is the next line on your checklist!
It’s January 7th! Welcome to the new year! Ready to buy your home, downsize sell and buy or just sell? I’m ready when you are~!
Broker Licensed in OR & WA
971-275-3691 (text any time)