3711 SE Lafayette Court, Portland Oregon
Charming Cape Cod With Classic Detailing
- Classic 1942 Cape Cod
- 4 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths on two-levels
- 2200+ Square Feet: 854 Main, 510 Upper Level, 840 Lower Level
- Corner lot with landmark maple tree planted when the house was built in 1942
- Beautifully preservedB hard wood floors throughout main and upper levels with fir on the upper staircase treds
- Original oversized & deep built-ins throughout this home = tons of storage space!
- Beautiful oversized sashed windows allow incredible amounts of light to pour in.
- Extra space for family room, theater room or ?? in the basement along with 8′ ceilings!
- Walk to everything–groceries, coffee, restaurants, Creston city park–walk score is a 77!
- EASY commuting to downtown Portland via Powell. Cut over 39th to I84, or head up to I205 for all points north and south.
- Electric hot water heater, gas forced-air furnace
- Creston School–K-8, Franklin Highschool
- Property taxes $3330.
Conveniently located in the Creston area, this classic cape cod home is perfectly nestled in a long-established neighborhood.B B B B The original front door with it’s brass fittings draws you right into the light filled living room complete with wood burning fireplace.B BeautifulB hardwood floorsB lead you into the dining area and the hall.B The dining room has wonderful original corner built-ins on each side ofB an oversized picture window.
The kitchen was updated with new cabinets, granite counter tops & tile floors.B Plenty of room for a breakfast table, butcher block islandB or super-sized espreso machine…. :)B
This home has four real bedrooms (none of this ‘may not conform’ business), all with regular sized windows and closets.B Two bedrooms on the main and two bedrooms upstairs.B The 2nd bedroom on the mainfloor has beautiful book ends and is currently housing an extensive library. While you are at it, check out all the windows! Tons of beautiful original sash windows (with storm windows on too) let the light pour in!B Here’s a tour through each of the rooms:
Both the full bathroom on the main level and the 1/2 bath upstairs (Jack & Jill–pretty cool that they had that style in 1942!) have updated pedastal sinks, lighting, paint & tile flooring.
The house is full of built-in shelving, drawers and closets, alcoves and original hardware!
Last but not least, the big surprise—the additional 800+ square feet in the basement just waiting for someone’s creative eye! You know old houses….they have old basements—low ceilings and smell musty. Not here. Ceilings are 8′ high and covers a family room, large utility room (all the shelving stays with the house), a room currently used for working out and then another large room that could be made into endless possibilities.