Portland Real Estate Sales for October 2010: 10.7 Months of Inventory
With 10.7 months of inventory (length of time to sell through current homes listed for sale if no additional homes are added) on the market and an average ‘Days on Market’ (DOM = average length of time from list to close) of 131 days for October, this month is a great opportunity for buyers to dig into their home search and for home sellers to refine their listing.
Below is the chart showing listings, sales pending, sales closed, sales price averages and market time for the month of October and year to date for all of Portland Metro (Includes from Sandy to West Linn to Hillsboro and all inbetween).
Portland Metro October 2010 vs. September 2010:
- 13,805 Active Listings
- Average Sales Price -1.1% over September 2010
- Median Sales Price -2.7% over September 2010
- Percentage of Closed Sales -7.7% over September 2010
- Percentage of New Listings -12.1% over September 2010
Portland Metro October 2010 vs. October 2009
- Average Sales Price -2.4% over October 2009
- Median Sales Price -4.7% over October 2009
- Percentage of Closed Sales -35.7% over October 2009
- Percentage of Pending Sales -21.5% over October 2009
- Percentage of new listings -9.4% over October 2009
These stats are obviously an average compilation of the info below—listings, pending sales, closed sales and average sales price for homes in Portland vary by neighborhood.B If you’d like to know exactly what is happening in your specific neighborhood, drop me a line and I’ll easily send it your way!