SW Portland Real Estate & Home Sales in 2010
For clarification, real estate in Southwest Portland includes:B Arranmore, Ash Creek,B Bridlemile, Burlingame, Collins View, Corbett-Lair Hill, Far Southwest, Garden Home,B Hayhurst, B Hillsdale, Homestead,B Maplewood, Markham, Marshall Park,B MultnomahB Village,B Raleighwood, West Portland Park, West SlopeB . All of these areas areB included in the compiledB graphs and charts below.
If you were to guess about homes sold in SW Portland in 2010 vs. 2009, would you assumeB total homes soldB were higher or lower? With just about 8% up from 2009, 2010 was indeed a better year although not as high as the year over year results in NW Portland.
- First-time home buyer tax credit helped boost sales up by +41 units under $300k.
- An 11% increase in home sales within the new magic price point of $300k-$500k.
- While the $500k + range didn’t beat out last year, there were lots of homes moving in that range than in many neighborhoods.
- The market analyzer below shows a very normal seasonal trend with active listings through the year and consistent closed sales through the year….could we really be bouncing on the bottom?
- Consistent with many other neighborhoods, closed sales and average sales price started to rise unseasonably October through the end of the year.
- Similar 2010 sold home stats are also available for Corbett-Lair Hill, Hillsdale, Multnomah Village & West Slope Neighborhoods in Southwest Portland. If you are interesting in other SW neighborhood stats, just drop me a line, I’m glad to send them your way.