Portland Metro Top U-Cut Christmas Tree Farms
The age old tradition of cutting down ones own Christmas tree the day after/the weekend after Thanksgiving begins in justB a fewB days!B B B If you know me at all, you know that supporting local small businesses that do an outstanding job in their niche is very important to me.B This time of year? It’s Christmas treeB farms that create memorable experiences and go above and beyond in how they serve their customers!
- Always call ahead and double check that the farm is open and ready for business before you trek out!
- If you want a fresh tree, but would like them to cut it for you–find out when you call.
- Double check on conditions on the farm so that everyone is dressed and ready for cold, wet or both!
I asked my friends & Facebook peeps for their input on the BEST Christmas Tree farms in the Portland Metro area–here are just a few for you to check out~(more links by county and state at the end)
EAST–Sandy:B Hamburg 4D Christmas Tree Farm
- 37631 SE Hauglum Road, Sandy ORB 503-668-8007
- Open Friday November 26th and weekends 9am to 5pm
- Families come and cosy up next to the fire with lots of hot chocolate, hot cider, candy canes for the kiddos and always the chance to decorate an ornament as a memento of the occasion. Swags and table toppers are available.
- All trees $20 no matter the height!
- Noble fir and grand noble fir trees-
- Hamburg 4D Tree Farm website is here.
EAST–Gresham: Christmas Nobles by Holschers
- 16530 Se Foster Road, Gresham 97080B 503-761-1209
- Open November 26th-December 15th 9am to dusk
- Families can come pick out their tree earlier in the year–the Holscher’s keep it healthy and ready for harvest! Family owned for 40 years, this tree farm specializes in Fraser Firs, Grands and Nobles 5-9′ tall and are known for Nobles, Nordmans and Grand fir trees from 10-20′ tall!
- No pesticides used and fertilized only in the spring!
- Find them on Facebook here
SOUTHEAST–Mollala–Snowline Tree Farm:
- 3909 S Sawtell Road, Mollala 97038B B 503-333-0168
- Family oriented U-Cut farm just south of Mollala & open each day until Christmas
- Hay rides, craft projects for the kids & a covered area with refreshments & a roaring fire to keep you warm! Christmas wreaths and boughs too!
- You choose &B you cut, or you choose and they cut! They’ll bag and tie your tree up for you!
- Snowline Tree Farm’s website is here and their Facebook page is here.
NORTHWEST Portland: Quail Creek Ranch:
- 9949 NW Kaiser Road, Portland OR 97231 503-629-5464
- Open Friday, Saturday & Sunday 9am-4:30pm
- Website is here.
B NORTHWEST Portland: Reichen Christmas Tree Farm:
8450 NW 185th Avenue, Portland 97231
Open Friday November 26th 9am, Saturday and Sunday 9-5pm
U-Cut Nobles, Grand Firs, Douglas Firs
This small family run farm has been taking care of Portland families for 20 years! They’ll help you pick out the best tree, cut it for you, haul it up and tie it to your car!B It’s U-cut but you don’t have to get muddy if you don’t want to!
Find them on FacebookB hereB , these guys have a passionate facebok following!
NORTHWEST Portland: Turkish Noble Fir U-Cut
- Corner of Skyline & Cornell
- My friends Derry & Michelle and their families have gone to Turkish Noble for 9 years in a row now and HIGHLY recommend it! The men and boys rev up the chain saws, cut and haul the tree’s to the cars—and then they cosy around back at home with hot soup and yummiesB while they settle in toB decorate.B Even though I cannot find any contact info for this family owned biz–9 years can’t be wrong! 🙂
B SOUTHWEST—Sherwood:B Sleigh-Bells Christmas Tree & Gift Shop:
23855 SW 195th Place, Sherwood 97140B B 503-625-6052
Call ahead and ask about their LIVE TREE selection: Scotch Pines, Corkbark, Colorado Blue Spruce and more! You can even order ahead for pick up–the tree height and variety you want–they’ll cut, shake & wrap for you for only an additional $5.
Open 7 days a week 10am-6pm
U-Cut Nobles, Grand Firs, Douglas Firs–75 Acres and over 30,000 Harvestable Trees
My friend Liz & her hubby make it their tradition and she insists if you go that you try their fudge! Also check out their December high teas and the gift shop!
For more options: